Saturday 2 February 2013

News from Hasbro. Some Good, Some Bad.

Speaking to the guys at Hasbro, we managed to gleam some good information. My Last Dart has already given us the answers to many of the questions posed by the NIC, (big thanks for that fella) but there were a couple of others I wanted to pose.



Amongst all of the excitement of the new releases coming this year, I was curious to ask about the blasters we have already seen, but not in the UK. On this note, I have some good news and sadly, some bad.

Nerf N-Strike Elite Rayven

The Elite Rayven has received mixed reviews since it's release. Some claim it has been improved since the original N-Strike version whilst others have experienced little difference between the two. You'll be glad to know that I have been assured that the Elite Rayven is in fact elite in that it has been tinkered with by the Hasbro wizards. I have also been told that it will in fact be available in the UK this year. Personally, I'm still unsure about this blaster, but at least now I'll have the opportunity to make up my mind.

Nerf N-Strike Elite Triad EX-3

When the Triad was first spotted I was excited to say the least. I love the Jolt and the idea of a larger Jolt with extra dart capacity peaked my interest.

I am therefore sad to say that British Nerfers will not be seeing the Triad in shops. Hasbro UK feel that the Nerf brand is already awash with new blasters and there is no place in the market for the Triad. Whilst this news saddens me, I can see their point. The Elite range has seen more new blasters in the past year than any other Nerf range in history and with retail space being at a premium, a hard decision has to be made as to which products to release. The Triad's price point means that it competes with the Strongarm which is a far more popular/ blaster. If you look at it this way, the decision is an easy one.

As for the new 2013 releases, I'm afraid you'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. I have my hands on an Elite Rayven, it doesn't seem any different to me, based on internals of the original. What could they have changed, anyway? Still the same Flywheel system.

    ReplyDelete